As part of an International Day of Action, members of the New York Campaign for Alternatives to Solitary Confinement, New York City Jails Action Coalition, and concerned community members will rally this afternoon to End Torture in the United States. We will voice our support for the hundreds of individuals still on hunger strike against solitary confinement in California prisons, and press for an end to prolonged isolation in New York’s prisons and jails.
When: Wednesday, July 31, 4:30 to 6:30 pm
Where: 163 West 125th Street (at Adam Clayton Powell Blvd.), in front of the New York State Office Building
- Bring a poster!
- Bring friends!
- Print out the following handout and share it with people in your community: flyer CA NY
- Read the full 5 Demands at http://prisonerhungerstrikesolidarity.wordpress.com/the-prisoners-demands-2/.
- Call California Governor Jerry Brown at (916) 445-2841, (510) 289-0336, or (510) 628-0202 to demand that he negotiate seriously with the strike leaders.
- Visit this website to learn how you can help: www.prisonerhungerstrikesolidarity.wordpress.com.
- Hang a sign out a visible window stating you are in solidarity with the Hunger Strike and the days of the strike. Today, Tuesday 7/30 is Day 23!
- Join the New York City Jails Action Coalition www.nycjac.org and the Campaign for Alternatives to Isolated Confinement www.nycaic.org to fight to end torture in our own state!